Health Services Facilitator - Job #22-175
- Health Services Facilitator - Job #22-175 JobID: 3467
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Coordinates the delivery of specialized healthcare services for Marana Unified School District elementary school students; develops student healthcare and/or emergency care plans; provides health services consultation to parents, students, and District personnel; delivers health related staff training; conducts informational research; and performs other related duties as assigned.
The following duties are not intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional position specific duties.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in ensuring District students are provided with access to optimal health and educational services while at school.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with Federal, State, County, and District school health regulations.
- Conducts meetings with students, parents, and school personnel to collect data regarding specialized healthcare requirements for individual students.
- Analyzes health related data and develops healthcare plans and/or emergency care plans that address individual student health requirements and concerns.
- Consults and follows up with students, families, school specialists, community agencies, and healthcare providers in person and via telephone and/or email; provides referrals as necessary.
- Coordinates and provides health related in-services and training to District staff; ensures the individual healthcare requirements of students are appropriately met.
- Provides guidance and consultation to Health Aides regarding student plans of care, doctors orders, medications, procedures, illness, injury, comfort, and safety issues.
- Meets with the Director of Health Services to discuss caseload and resolve health related matters.
- Conducts health research pertaining to the disease process, syndromes, current treatment processes, and medical procedures.
- Reviews new medical technology products used in the delivery of student health services.
- Prepares and maintains a variety of departmental records, reports, and documentation.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Required Knowledge of:
- Principles and practices of health services.
- Regulations and standards governing student health services.
- Individual healthcare and emergency care plans.
- Methods and techniques for conducting health research.
- Health services records, reports, and documentation.
Required Skill in:
- Facilitating the delivery of health services to District students.
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with State and Federal health regulations.
- Collecting data and developing individual healthcare and emergency care plans.
- Providing healthcare consultation to students, parents, and school personnel.
- Conducting health research and reviewing medical technology products.
- Preparing and maintaining departmental records, reports, and documentation.
Education and Experience:
Bachelors Degree in Nursing or related field, and two years experience facilitating the delivery of student health services; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Licenses and Certifications:
- An Arizona Registered Nurse License and School Nurse Certificate are required.
- Must possess a valid Arizona Drivers License.
Salary: Range 18
$47,249.00 - 53,029.00 ASRS Retirees will have a lower salary due to the Alternate Contribution Rate
***10 Month Contracted Position - Exempt Position (8 hours per day)
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Discrimination against an otherwise qualified individual with a disability or any individual by reason of race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin, is prohibited. Efforts will be made in recruitment and employment to ensure equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons.