Health Services/School Nurse
Position: Dove Mt. CSTEM K-8 School
POSITION SUMMARY The school nurse provides within the framework of established district policies and procedures: a direct link between physicians, families, and community health care for all students; appropriate intervention, management and/or referral of all students; relevant health instruction, counseling, and guidance to students, parents, teachers and others concerning a variety of acute, chronic health problems, first aid, diseases, and other health related topics; knowledge of professional standards, laws pertaining to health and/or nursing care and district policies. The Director of Health Services and the site Principal evaluate the school nurse.
The following duties are not intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional position specific duties.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement school health services programs. Utilize established nursing process to assess, diagnose, plan, implement, record and evaluate all nursing care.
- Assess and evaluate the health and developmental status of a student in order to make a nursing diagnosis and establish priority for action.
- Interpret the health and developmental status of students and communicate the information to the student, parents, and school personnel.
- Counsel students, parents, and school personnel. Plan action for eliminating, minimizing, or accepting the health problem(s) that interfere with students effective learning.
- Motivate and guide persons responsible for students health to appropriate resources.
- Recommend modification in the educational program when indicated by the health or developmental status of a student.
- Provide case management for students with health conditions including development of the health component of the individual educational plan and /or individual health care plan.
- Develop and write individual health plans and emergency care plans for students with chronic health conditions.
- Facilitate team meetings and provide health trainings to staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Current Arizona State Registered Nurse License
- Bachelors degree
- Ability to meet Arizona State Board of Nursing requirements for School Nurse certification or current National School Nurse certification
- Current CPR certification from American Heart Association, Red Cross or National Safety Council, for adults and children
- Two years of nursing experience in the field of clinical nursing, school nursing, and/or maternal child health nursing
- Background with medically fragile and technologically dependent school-age children
Salary: (Pro-rated based on .50 FTE position)
$37,458.00 - 40,286.00 ASRS Retirees will have a lower salary due to the Alternate Contribution Rate
**10 Month Exempt Position (8 hours per day)
Discrimination against an otherwise qualified individual with a disability or any individual by reason of race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin, is prohibited. Efforts will be made in recruitment and employment to ensure equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY